Jury of all-star industry media and influencers select 16 cannabis science and technology startups based on their potential to impact the market and thrive as a business
SAN JOSE, Calif. – March 7, 2018 /Canna Newswire/ – CNvest™ (www.cnvestevent.com) today announced the sixteen finalists chosen to present at the CNvest: Terps and Tech 2018 cannabis industry startup and investor conference, taking place at the Hilton San Jose, Calif. on April 9. Applications were received from startups seeking funding located across North America, from Southern California to Eastern Canada. Entries were analyzed by cannabis industry editors, reporters and influencers whose backgrounds make them exceptionally qualified to uncover aspects of businesses that could help them thrive in the complex cannabis market.
Each finalist will pitch an audience of accredited investors and media at the CNvest: Terps and Tech 2018 conference. With guidance from the CNvest advisory board and marketing consultants, CNvest finalists will be able to expand their brand awareness, improve their pitches and refine their presentation skills. While all finalists will meet potential investors and business partners at CNvest, one lucky winner will be selected by investors in the audience to receive a $10,000 prize.
Accredited investors wishing to attend can purchase tickets at:
“As a journalist covering the cannabis industry, I’m always scouting for new, innovative businesses that are solving real problems, and entrepreneurs in this space who have a vision and are driven to succeed,” said author of the book Start Your Own Cannabis Business and mainstream media cannabis reporter, Javier Hasse, one of the eight CNvest: Terps and Tech judges. “Being a part of the CNvest judging team has been an eye-opening experience and I look forward to seeing all the finalists further develop and present their pitches. I hope CNvest will play an important role in these sixteen companies’ financing and market success.”
CNvest finalists earned top scores on a set of criteria that determined both a company’s market and investment potential. In addition to one company in stealth mode that will be revealed at the event, the CNvest: Terps and Tech finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- 10034622 Canada Inc
- a Pot for Pot
- Armaplex Security
- Arc Innovations
- Brighterside Vertical Farms
- Harvest Direct Enterprises
- Indigo Therapeutics
- Kb Pure Essential
- Medusa Labs
- New Leaf Precision Ag
- The Peak Beyond
- Quim Rock
The CNvest: Terps and Tech judges include:
- Graham Abbott, editor-in-chief, Ganjapreneur
- Debra Borchardt, CEO and editor-in-chief, Green Market Report
- Brandon Dorfman, editor, PotNetwork
- Alex Halperin, editor, WeedWeek ; “High Time” columnist, The Guardian
- Javier Hasse, author, Start Your Own Cannabis Business (Entrepreneur Media, April 2018); mainstream media cannabis reporter
- David Heldreth, cannabis industry reporter, Cannabiz Journal
- Kristen Yoder, industry veteran and advisor; CEO, Soil to the Oil
- Greg Zeman, associate editor, Cannabis Now Magazine
In addition to the startup pitches from finalists, the CNvest program includes four panels, each introducing cannabis industry sector to investors in the audience, and two featured speakers:
- Carter Laren is co-founder of Backplane Capital, a seed stage venture firm focused on the cannabis industry, and a co-founder of Gateway, widely recognized as the premier business accelerator for startups in the cannabis space.
- Sumit Mehta is founder and CEO of MAZAKALI. He serves as the finance and strategy consultant to The Arcview Group and sits on the Canopy Investment Committee. Having directed cannabis investments since 2014, Mehta acts as a mentor to Arcview and Canopy companies.
About Canna Newswire and CNvest
CNvest™ is produced by Canna Newswire™, the cannabis industry’s platform for making news. The inaugural event, CNvest: Terps and Tech, is a cannabis science and technology startup and investment conference co-located with the Terpenes and Testing World Conference, April 9, 2018 in San Jose, California. CNvest’s mission is to become a leading platform for early-stage cannabis startups seeking funding to network with cannabis investors and build their brands in the market. For more information visit www.cnvestevent.com.
Follow CNvest on Twitter: @cnvestevent #cnvest
# # #