Twelve 30-Second Spots Debut During Super Bowl Broadcast on CBS Affiliate in USVI
LAS VEGAS – February 4, 2019 /Canna Newswire/ – A women-owned digital marketing agency made history this weekend by managing to air its cannabis education ads during the much-coveted Super Bowl LIII broadcast. Featuring the Rastafarian Senator who led the fight for legal cannabis in the U.S. Virgin Islands, the spot is the first in a series for the cannabis online TV network Hmm Did You Know (HDYK) showcasing prominent voices from the cannabis industry and community.
A total of twelve :30 commercial spots aired during Super Bowl LIII programming on the USVI CBS affiliate, marking the first broadcast of a cannabis-centric public service announcement during NFL programming. The historic campaign is a product of 420MEDIA, a Seattle, NYC and Nevada-based digital marketing and media agency serving the legal cannabis industry.
Airing of the PSA during the pre-game Super Bowl LIII can be seen here: https://youtu.be/GW7JXvTuf68
In January, 2019, U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Albert Bryan Jr. approved a new medical marijuana law making the territory the latest Caribbean jurisdiction to open its doors to cannabis businesses and potential new tourism opportunities. The move has been years in the making, with voters having favored medical cannabis in a 2014 referendum. In addition to the U.S. Virgin Islands, other U.S. territories that have approved MMJ include Guam and Puerto Rico.
It is only fitting then, that the spots that aired during this Sunday’s Super Bowl broadcast feature former Senator Positive T.A. Nelson, the seven-term Senator from the island and now the commissioner nominee to the Dept of Agriculture, who was among the most prominent voices leading the fight for marijuana law reform.
“The rationale behind medicinal cannabis is real, the science is real, the economics behind it is real, the health behind it is real, and the opportunities behind are very real” says the former Senator in the spot promoting Hmm Did You Know Online Cannabis TV Network.
“I am extremely excited and honored to be working with 420MEDIA, on the frontlines in the battle for legalization,” Senator Nelson said. “We must keep up the fight until the old wall of prohibition is completely broken down! Our collective efforts continue to change the mindset of individuals who have been bombarded with propaganda for over 80 years. Education is the key to removing stigma.”
“For years, there has been pushback on the national level, but local media markets with legal cannabis are slowly changing,” said 420MEDIA CEO Kerri Accardi. “We are extremely grateful to the USVI for taking the first step to educate the mainstream audience about the benefits of cannabis. This is the first of many slated for the cannabis education and awareness campaign with other renowned cannabis experts in the sports, medical and entertainment field sharing their wealth of information about benefits of medical cannabis. We look forward to breaking through new markets, and reaching audiences in legal cannabis states,” she added.
The public service announcement was co-sponsored by 420MEDIA along with several cannabis-based organizations and businesses including:
- Humboldt Grace, a woman-owned cannabis strategic consulting company. Founder Lelehnia Du Bois offers her 45 years of experience to educate on the cannabis culture, work with individual, businesses, and organizations to develop successful strategies, and advocate for a healthy and sustainable industry.
- The Marijuana Business Association (MJBA), a leading cannabis business organization and publisher of the MJNews Network and Marijuana Channel One.
- Nature Nurse Products, utilizing the power of nature and knowledge of medicine to create products that support the biological Endocannabinoid system. Nature Nurse is a beautifully blended and synergistic combination of ancient plant wisdom which has been expanded upon through science to create high-quality, easy to use products to incorporate into everyday life supporting health and well-being.
- Curved Papers, a new twist on Rolling Papers, Curved Papers was founded by Michael O’Malley, an MIT-educated entrepreneur whose innovative patented curved design makes joints Easy to Roll.
- Vital CBD: Age Vital pharmacy, research and wellness is your local community and compounding family pharmacy Sarasota. By working in the medical field closely with physicians and patients for several years, their primary commitment is to serve people who suffer from chronic conditions such as pain, inflammatory conditions, and stress.
420MEDIA, a women-owned cannabis marketing agency with offices in Seattle, New York and Nevada, offers a unique combination of full-service digital marketing services, media distribution, and industry expertise. Our team’s experience allows 420MEDIA to provide the full range of services necessary to effectively craft and execute marketing strategy in the cannabis sector. To see our recent reel and our advertising packages, please log on to http://www.420media.us.
# CNW #